Yesterday the URDB announced a brand new record that was set over the weekend involving our very own Jimmy Fallon, his Twitter account and the Twitter accounts of many loyal, fun fans. From the URDB website:
"21 female fans of Jimmy Fallon tweeted "URDB record for most fangirls to tweet @JimmyFallon the same thing @ same time! We love you Jimmy! Your show blows our pants off! #Snork" at the same time. The record was set using Twitter, with #Snork used as a hashtag for officiating purposes.
I was playing around on Twitter while this was going on and was able to see some of the talk and organization that went into setting this record and it was very impressive. These are a nice, smart, loyal group of fans that found a fun and unique way of show their support for Jimmy and everyone here at Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.
If you'd like to see the entire list of fangirls (that's a term from the URDB site) you can do so by clicking HERE. If you're on Twitter and are a fan of the show, follow all of them.
Do you think this record can be broken? Find out how and vote after the jump.
CRITERIA TO BEAT RECORD:
- all participants must be female
- tweets must be the same, though capitalization do not matter
- tweet must be directed toward @JimmyFallon
- tweet must contain a reference to something Fallon is known for saying
- tweet must contain a unique hashtag to identify record attempt
- all tweets must be sent within a five minute window
Thanks again "fangirls" we hope to see more Late Night records set in the near future.