The NCAA Tournament is just around the corner and March Madness is HERE. We at LNWJF love a Cinderella story, so we are proud to support our pick for the tourney, the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Mocs. Last night Jimmy rolled out our full support of the UTC Mocs in the big dance and today we wanted to give some background on our team. Why are we so stoked on the Mocs? Here's a few reasons:
- Former NY Knicks shooting guard Gerald Wilkins was a Moc.
- Their current chancellor is Dr. Roger Brown. Which reminds me of Roger Moore. Which reminds me of JAMES BOND. Awesome.
- Dennis Haskins, aka MR. BELDING from Saved By The Bell, went to school there. Heeeellooo!
- In their list of buildings, they once had the "Old Math Building". Keepin' it simple. I like that. (via Wikipedia)
- Terrell Owens went there! T.O.! That's boss.
- Aaaand, we love a Cinderella. The NCAA Tourney is the greatest college sports tournament because anything can happen. So we got the Mocs. They went to the Sweet 16 in 1997 and in 2008 ESPN ranked them #48 of most prestigious college basketball programs since 84'-85' (thanks again, Wikipedia).